Sunday, December 7, 2008

Drawing Lessons Anyone?


Have you ever wanted to learn how to draw & paint? You've seen others do it. They make it look so easy. You may feel you can do it, also. Or, like many, you may feel just the opposite.
I meet many people who yearn to put pencil or paint to a surface and be adept in representing life's experiences visually. Of course, they normally couch it in self-defeating terms, like, "I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler." Or there's my favorite comment, from a professional in care-giving work, "My father said the only thing I could draw was flies...so I figured I should stick to other things."
But, let's put aside what we've been told...What if you had the chance to learn?
What if you could draw or paint? What would it feel like, to be able to put your feelings or perceptions on paper or canvas?
What if you could pick up a pencil or sketchbook and amuse yourself out of that job-related stress you've been feeling?
Why don't you think about it, and join me here for the next few weeks, with a pencil and paper or sketchbook. You just might like it.
So, grab a sketchbook or a stack of computer printer paper, and try it.
And, no one has to know. It will be just between us artists...

10 comments:

Susan Hosken said...

Count me in DJ. Looking forward to it.
lots of love from susan in australia

Jo said...

DJ, I have enjoyed every post you have written so far and will definately be hanging around :)
Robyn directed me here and I am so happy she did :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love the idea DJ - came here via Robyn's blog.

3rdEyeMuse said...

ooh! what a lovely (and safe) way to giving learning a little something a try ... am glad Robyn posted your link. :)

steviewren said...

I'll be back to see what you have up your sleeve. It sounds interesting.

katie jane said...

I may just show up.

Moonlightress said...

Thanks to Robyn I'm here. How did you know I am DYING to learn to draw...??? I'll be there, pencils, paper, untrained fingers and all! Thanks so much!
Karen

Susan Hosken said...

DJ When does the course start?
susan

Gwen Buchanan said...

Now I know why Robyn admires you so, DJ... The gentleness that you captured in this curious cat.. simplicity and just the right touch!

valonia said...

Hello, I'm another who has followed the path from Robyn's fab blog!

I'll be ready pencil in hand to draw along too -- I'd LOVE to learn some drawing skills :)