Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Swaps & Journals & Julia Cameron


Here are some journals & sketchbooks I've been playing in during 2008. A couple of moleskines, a couple of Strathmore Windpower sketchbooks that conserve natural resources, an altered book with green ribbon, and a little brown hardcover book I made in a workshop.
Notice Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way" beneath the moleskines. At my fave artist community, Coach Creative Space, there is a group discussing Cameron's "Vein of Gold". Please join us; we'd love to have you. Check it out here...

This is a sketch that I want to revisit this year, perhaps with a gift of color. Sincere apologies for the blurred photo; haven't viewed it since I uploaded it months ago. May try to edit later. :-)

An ATC I created for The CCS Cozy Christmas ATC Swap. I enjoyed drawing this in ink, then using colored pencils to add softness to the scene. Portraying "whimsy" is not always a strongpoint of mine, so when anything close to it happens, I enjoy it!
I have a shiny new moleskine for 2009, so I'll be sharing fresh work as it appears on the pages.
More drawing lessons to come, so check back, and please leave a comment, so I can return the favor.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

4 comments:

Robyn said...

A little bit of bliss going on in that ATC! Writing or sketching, drinking something hot and delicious in front of a cracking fire and cat sharing the moment.
See you at CCS for Vein of Gold.

PJ's talking2.... said...

May 2009 be a the most creative, artful, fun year for us all! I'm ready, aren't you?! ~PJ

Say It In Color said...

Thank you for your comments on my Peyton...she's an artist too...at age 3 much more spontaneous than me!
I have heard of Cameron's book now from several people....so it will be something for me to check out...thanks....and I love you ATC card....it looks like my dream place...the fire, the coffee, the art supplies...except mine are all around me on the couch!!...a couch potato artist!! That IS bliss!? Love your blog....sherry...also need to check what CCS...Vein of Gold is...?

Carol said...

I too am an artist of altered art. I usually alter whole old books or make my own. Take a look! This link shows one of my projects but if you go to my newest post, you will see another type book. Carol


http://carolchil.blogspot.com/2008/11/forever-altered.html