Monday, May 25, 2009

New Challenge

What have I done?
Oh, well -- It's all Robin's fault! :-) (Her blog is Midlife Artist in right sidebar)
You can read about the Challenge here.
Care to join us?
There's a challenge of committing a certain number of hours per week to being in the studio. The going rate is 20 hours, but for those of us working mortals, we can set the goal according to our schedules.
I commented on Robin's blog that my studio time has been sporadic, so I want to create a routine of easel painting on a regular basis. I'm committing to five hours per week, and for those of you who know my job responsibilities as a high school art teacher, you know five hours is a big hunk of time for me.
I don't know if I'll be reporting to American Artist mag or not, but I'll definitely be open to encouragement from blogging artist friends.
OK, lemme rephrase that: I will definitely NEED encouragement from blogging artist friends!
Love & Laughter, (& Paint!)
DJ

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great challenge. Love your oils BTW and it was interesting reading your blog. I'll be back!

thedomesticfringe said...

That's a lot of time in the studio. Can't wait to see what you create! Best of wishes on this new challenge.

-FringeGirl

Say It In Color said...

Five hours..... hmmmmm .....that would be heaven....we'll see....love your palette knife painting ....so vibrant....and so glad you are blogging more! Thanks for all the encouragement you have sent to so many of us!!! Now we want to see and hear from a great gal.....who can definitely paint!!! sherry

Robin said...

Ha, ha, I MADE ya do it!!

DJ said...

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies! You all are awesome artists/writers in your own right, so the encouragement is valuable to me.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

TJ said...

Hello DJ, thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm impressed with your working studio commitment... let me know if you figure out how to bottle time! Happy creations from tj in germany