Monday, June 8, 2009

End of Week One & "Weak Too"...LOL!


^~Palette Knife Landscape V by DJ 16x20 Oil on Canvas May 2009
Hi, Kids!
Above is the result of the final hours of my five hours in Week One.
A departure from the ocean shores of the first four, yes. In content and technique. More impasto and complementary underpainting, to boot.
Weak Too accomplishments?
You guessed it: Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Lemme spell it out for you:
The. Last. Week. of. School. Before. Summer. Break.
Now you know. Exams. Drama. Pleading. Picking up portfolios. Cleaning. Sheesh.
But, hey, it's officially Summer! Time to paint. Time to breathe. Time to have the luxury of choices.
Whee.
Hey, did you see what my adorable DH did in "comments" for the last post? Gotta love a man like that...We just celebrated our 8th Anniversary...Prolly contributed to my not getting into the studio, also, if the truth be told...LOL!
Happy Summer, Everyone! Grab that paintbrush! Dip it in paint! Apply to surface!
There you go!
Love & Laughter,
DJ

4 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

WOW! You are really good!
How funny to find a kindred spirit just by clicking "next blog"!!!

Sara Moriarty-delaFuente said...

Gorgeous painting DJ! I love the colors.

Also, thank you for checking on me. To be honest, that touched my heart. I have been avoiding blogging lately. Actually, my blogging has caused quite a stir in my house. Sounds strange even to me. I have been trying to figure out for myself whether or not I spend too much time on it. This is the reason for my absence. However, when people like you care enough to check in, suddenly blogging feels worthwhile beyond words. Thank you.

Sara

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Hi DJ, glad to find your blog, too! You seem to be in your element, that's cool!

laurens.paint.palette said...

Lovely paintings, DJ! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your summer (it's already so HOT!!) :)