Friday, August 21, 2009

A Quiet Friday Evening


The first week of a new school year has just been completed, and after some adjustments in my attitude & approach, I experienced a productive Friday in my art classroom. Being a public school teacher has its victories and defeats; I survive to fight another day. Sorry, my warrior archetype surfaces to don her cape quite often these days...the battle against ignorance is ongoing, is it not?
Last week, I put a little concoction together when my husband had a business dinner obligation elsewhere. It involves Polska Kielbasa and an off-the-shelf Alfredo sauce. Add some green onions and bell pepper for color & crunch over angel hair pasta. It took minutes to brown the sausage and boil the pasta, then I poured the cheese over the pasta, and voila~
Just a little something to consider for a change of pace after a couple of hours in the studio or classroom. Enjoy.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

8 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Hmm...make that, one with extra cheese please!
DJ I hope everything flows smoothly and that the warrior cape stays in moth balls for the rest of the year.

Say It In Color said...

Yum...sounds so good! Teachers are a very special people ....you are SPECIAL.... very very appreciated by many more than you know!! Hang in there and I'll pray also that the warrior cape is not needed ... that you are covered by His presence. That He gives you strength, joy and peace of heart in all you do. I Love the rains in Africa painting.... Blessings! sherry

Gary Heller said...

More power to you in that great challenge of battling ignorance in our school children.
Your quick dish looks very tasty.I love polska kielbasa.
I always make the Turkey Kielbasa with eggs and pancakes or waffles on saturday morning. As a matter of fact, I'm about to go make some after writing this last comment.
Enjoy your weekend!

thedomesticfringe said...

Looks good!
Glad you survived your first week of school. My kids start next week.

-FringeGirl

Wanda Chudzinski said...

DJ,
It's great to meet you! You are my second follower, besides my husband, thank you! This is all new to me, but I think I'm going to like blogging. I signed up to follow your blog too! I don't have to put on my warrior cape until September 8th. Take care, and hope to talk again! Kielbasa.... yum!
Wanda

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

looks delish!
That Alfredo sauce is very good and very versatile.
My dear friend is a music teacher and she says the kids are starting to scare her. Bless all the teachers!!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Love this piece, DJ. Looks yummy. Ah, I retired from teaching several years ago...bless you.

Junebug56 said...

DJ,
Looks yummy!My favorite recipe for quick suppers is similar and you might like it.
I stirfry some meat - your choice, I use beef strips or chicken usually, but the sausage would also work. Season to taste. (Soy sauce is good here)Then set it aside and stirfry the veggies - onions, bell peppers, (usually more than one color cause it's pretty) carrot matchsticks, celery, whatever you got.
Throw the meat back in and stir it together.
Meanwhile, you have cooked some angelhair pasta. Drain the pasta and put the stirfry mixture on top. Wish I had a picture!
Happy cooking and teaching!
Becca