Saturday, November 28, 2009

Year One in Blogland


"Paisley Heart" Acrylic on Wood by DJ 2007
This blog was begun one year ago on November 28, 2008. During this season of gratitude, I can say I'm sincerely thankful for your visits here. It has been an outlet to display my artwork and feel like someone sees me in the role of artist as well as teacher. Thank you for being so gracious in your comments on my paintings & drawing lessons. And even though anonymity is a requirement for me right now, I've connected with many lovely people out there who are supportive and so giving in their creativity. I've enjoyed sharing some of my art and getting to visit your blogs to take a peek into your lives and artwork these past twelve months.
Thank you for sharing your beauty.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

10 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

One year! Time flies doesn't it? Thank YOU, DJ for being such a warm, sweet inspiration to so many.

wetoilpaint said...

Happy belated anniversary on your one year old blog! Type happy for another year!

Mary said...

Hi DJ, congrats on your blogging anniversary! November marked a year for me as well.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such an affirming comment.

I had a chance to see some of your art and I must say it is really cool. Love the abstracts, especially the "let there be light" one!!

God Bless!

Rachmeal said...

Congratulations on your first blogoversary, and, for coining, what sounds to me, like a new term! Writing a blog for a year takes some doing. I know, because I am closing in on one year as well. Your anonymity notwithstanding, whoever you are, I plan to keep visiting in 2010. I admire your having passions and pursuing them.

Judy Mackey said...

DJ - thank you for visiting my blog!! have a wonderful new year in blogland. J

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Hi DJ not sure if we have met before but thanks for comment on my flower market post. I don't really call myself a 'watercolourist' as nowadays I tend to go to this medium when I don't have time for acrylic or oil painting and use it for sketching mainly. Apart from that I do teach drawing and all mediums at monthly artworkshops in my village, having studied natural history and watercolour tehniques many moons ago. Simply loved your LET THERE BE LIGHT post - both the wonderful spiritual experience description and its result. Added you to my favourites to keep an eye on!!

Patrice said...

Congratulations are in order! You've been a bright light amongst the posts and comments and I just adore you!

I love your holiday header, too. May we all have a fabulous and creative 2010!

lesly said...

This is very nice, DJ ... what size is it? And congrats on completing your first year blogging ... lots of bloggers fade away after a few months!

Thanks for you friendship over the past few months and best wishes for a very happy Christmas and good things in 2010.

Lesly

Manon Doyle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Happy belated anniversary on your blog!!

Shayla said...

Congrats, DJ! You're an upbuilding, positive person to be around and I look forward to getting to know you better in 2010.