Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cozy Winter Nap, Anyone?



The photo is of my cat curled up napping under the warmth of a lamp. Yes, this is what I WISH I was doing...
But life has other ideas, so I've been working, attending too many meetings, grading portfolios, getting report card grades into the school computer, visiting family & friends, and getting over a nasty sinus infection that decided to hang on long after its arrival during Christmas week.
And on top of everything else, my computer got an infection! What fun...

The other night, I walked into my studio and it felt like a foreign land. Yikes~
Good thing I like to travel to unusual places ~lol~
I better get in there and remember what it's like to apply paint to a surface...
Is it Spring yet?

Love & Laughter... to everyone in blogland
DJ

9 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yes, especially since it is raining here - perfect napping weather. We have a small group at our home tonight, I think I will take a short snooze before they come!!

Then tomorrow I will tackle my studio!! It is messier than it has every been!!!

I hope your sinus infection is clearing up, and you have not had to many sinus headaches with it!

Manon Doyle said...

Love the post and the pic! I am also hoping for Spring...lol!
Sorry about your infection and your computer's virus. My main computer's hard drive crashed around Christmas..... what a pain that was!

wetoilpaint said...

I'll buy in as a Sunday nap is alway napping perfection! It's quiet here, just the Jets and Colts football game in the background, lol, and I'm on the east side of the rain so I've not curled up under the covers yet! ;) As far as Spring? maybe it will rain on Groundhog Day!
I think it's wonderful you are a teacher. Thank you for teaching. Feel better, maybe a few good hours in the studio will be the perfect pill. Love me

Meandering Artist said...

Yesterday it was 29 degrees...today it soared up to 45 degrees. It certainly felt like spring. It is supposed to freeze and snow late tonight- so winter will be back.

So that means it is back into oil paints so I can create my own little spring. You can do that too DJ!!

ArtPropelled said...

It sounds like a stubborn sinus infection DJ. Maybe some studio time will get you right. I think cosy cat is trying to tell you something.

Shayla said...

Hope you get your nap, DJ. March break's a while away... Pretty photo.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Remember - you are simplifying life this year and what could be more simple than joining your cat for a cuddle and snooze in your lovely art space. Sounds like you deserve it and then get inspiration to raise that brush.

Sara Moriarty-delaFuente said...

Dear Spring,

I'd be uber-grateful if you started just a little bit earlier this year. It would totally help me out. And DJ would be thrilled as well. Thanks.

~Sara

hee hee. well it's worth a try. thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. hope all is well for you.

thedomesticfringe said...

Your porch is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with me.

-FringeGirl