Sunday, February 14, 2010

Beloved



To my loving husband on Valentines Day 2-14-2010

Beloved

My Beloved was sent to me by Grace
after many years of loneliness
and questions and growing
my own life amongst the tears.
My Beloved gently mended a world-weary heart
and deepened its bond to the Holy One
thus creating a triangle of Love so strong
that nothing could interfere.
My Beloved quietly serves me
and allows me to serve him
praying together each morning for each other
so no harm can enter while we are apart.
My Beloved holds me in his arms
to warm me in a haven of security and peace
against a cold world of questions
and vicious uncertainty.
My Beloved vigilantly cares for me
in the days of work and striving
then gives me pleasant company
in moments of peace and joy.


"Beloved" mixed media painting on 20x16" canvas by DJ

For those of you who are alone on Valentine's Day, do not give up hope. There is One who loves you today, yesterday, and tomorrow.
For those of you who have that someone, there's a fave quote of mine:
"The grass is not greener on the other side of the fence; it's greener where you water it."

Love & Laughter,
DJ
"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine, He who pastures his flock among the lilies."
Song of Solomon 6:3

13 comments:

statman2413 said...

"You have stolen my heart..., my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes.... How delightful is your love..., my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!" ~Song of Solomon 4:9-10

Happy Valentine's Day DJ! I love you! DH

Manon Doyle said...

Awe..... that's so sweet!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

cooper said...

Hi DJ,
The quote you used about the grass is greener where it's watered---I like that. It should be required memory work before people are able to get a marraige license!

DJ said...

Manon, You always remember everyone and treat all of us bloggers with kindness; your character shines through brightly.
Cooper,I loved finding your blog and enjoyed your post about what art ISN'T. I try to teach my students that on a daily basis.
And, yes, engaged couples should be taught the above quote before committing to one person for life. My pastures are more like gardens because of it, hence the SoS phrase, "he who pastures his flock among the lilies."

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes and so grateful for a partner of 50 years.
Loved the grass is greener quote.

ArtPropelled said...

So lovely DJ. My beloved is away for a week. Your post made me realize how much I'm missing him and now its time he came home!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh wow! I love the "grass is not greener" quote. I may have to use that one some time if you don't care DJ.

You make such beautiful words on your blog and also beautiful art. You were given an extra dose of some great talent.

Lee Ann

DJ said...

Ladies, thank you for visiting~
Joan, FIFTY years? Wow, I'm impressed! I hope your Valentines Day was extra-special.
Robyn, You & your Beloved take some special time for yourselves when he returns.
Lee Ann, I don't remember where I read that quote, so use it as much as you need. Thank you for your kind words; it's been one of those days when I wonder about my basic life skills, much less anything else! lol~
Love & Laughter to you all...Thanks for being great blog-friends.

Dena E's Blog said...

The grass is greener where its watered is total truth for sure,,and when God is in a marriage its even more beautiful!!!
Lovely post ...pop by mine to get to know me if you can,,for now~~~Big Hugs from Dena in Iowa

Jean said...

Hi DJ!
What a wonderful poem you've written. I can see that it was very much inspired by love. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I hope your time away is going well! I'll be visiting more often (and I WILL be joining the CCS ATC swap!)

Jean :)

Caryl said...

Ah DJ, this is sooo beautiful. I am not sure if you wrote the words, I suspect that you did. Made me teary!

violette said...

this is just beautiful! Your words and art or so poignant......you are such a precious soul!

Love ya,
Violette xo

Mary Hicks said...

Well, it's my own fault for not coming here more often. DJ, this is lovely - both the artwork and the words that accompany it.
How blessed we all are to know you! Thank you for the wonderful reminder that we are all, all ways, always loved! XO