Saturday, February 6, 2010

Printing and Painting Combination

Remember from a previous post, I mentioned that I couldn't get a good photo of the styrofoam printmaking demo painting? Well, this may be as good as it gets with my present camera in winter light.
After printing with the styrofoam blocks in white and purple on a yellow background, I noticed my cat was modeling, so I painted him in purple. My camera picked up the glare in the upper right and after "enhancing" in editing, the entire painting lost its subtle qualities.
A good excuse to purchase a new camera and proper studio lighting, though!
Whee.

"Sleeping Cat" oil on 16x20" canvas by DJ

Detail of "Sleeping Cat" oil on 16x20" canvas by DJ

3 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Can't understand why my comment would not appear on your previous posts so now having another go with your lovely cats. .. but again being blocked.

ArtPropelled said...

Absolutely gorgeous, DJ!

artbyjune said...

A beautiful cat painting.