Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowploughed the Hijacker


Friends, I just have to give a shout-out to Wet Oil Paint for directing me to a Blogger Help Forum Discussion that mentioned the snowfall widget as a possible hijacking vehicle.
My computer technician asked earlier about the snowfall effect on my blog, but I didn't suspect the widget, since it had been in place for at least a month or so before the problems began.
Since I deleted the snowfall widget, no problems with redirecting to obnoxious ad pages. Whew~
The snow was beautiful, but communicating with you is more beautiful.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

4 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Oh. So the html of the snowfall was the hijacking vehicle. I'm glad you got rid of it! Who do they think they are anyway?!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

So glad you found the culprit. Pity we have lost the pretty effect, but much rather be able to communicate with you.

Loved the colourful building spread in your sketchbook.

wetoilpaint said...

Yeah! I liked the snow too! Now, who likes snow? Lol,Buggy old snow!!! Glad your back to full speed! Thanks for the shout out. I do love meeting new friends online.

DJ said...

Leslie, I'm not sure what "they" get out of hijacking someone's blog. Do they return to the scene of the crime? They can't see anything, because it redirects them also???? Still puzzled...
Joan, thanks for staying with me through this. You're a wonderful blogging friend.
Wet Oil, I'm in your debt~ You're the kind of person I want to hang out with and swap life stories, you know?